• These cake designs are the result of the information given to Bloomsbury Cakes by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amends to the design, are approved by the customer during the order process; written/verbal descriptions and a diagram will be used to explain what the customer will receive.
• Bloomsbury Cakes will do its best to match any colour requests for icing but we cannot guarantee an exact Pantone match as colours present differently in different materials. We aim for a perfect match but this is not always possible.
• All of Bloomsbury Cakes’s wedding cakes come with an ivory or white ribbon around the base board as standard unless another colour is requested.
• All Bloomsbury Cakes wedding favours come with a pink ribbon as standard unless another colour is requested.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements
• All allergy and dietary requirements should be conveyed by the bridal couple during the consultation with Bloomsbury Cakes and confirmed verbally unless otherwise stated by the customer. If the bridal couple requires this information separately it should be requested at the latest one month before the wedding date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07973339021. We are unable to send ingredients information out to customers by post.
• Unless otherwise specified all Bloomsbury Cakes’s wedding cakes contain butter, gluten (wheat) and eggs and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol. Nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and alcohol-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production.
• Bloomsbury Cakes accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to make Bloomsbury Cakes aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake.
• We cannot guarantee that the fruit used to make our jams and marmalades is 100% stone-free, as pips and stones can be missed in rare circumstances in the manufacturing process.
Consultation and Tasting
• The samples given in the consultation and tasting are made to approved Bloomsbury Cakes wedding cake recipes. However, every cake is handmade to order using fresh and natural ingredients and on rare occasions slight variations may occur as a result of this.
• The consultation and sampling consultation is minimum £30 (please check number of people and time allowance with Marise before the appointment). Please note that we require 24 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule a consultation. Failure to give this notice will result loosing your deposit which will be a minimum of £30.
• Wherever possible, consultations will take place in the Bloomsbury Cakes showroom in Altrincham, but sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances this may not be possible and a suitable alternative venue elsewhere will be used instead.
Payment and deposits
• Customers will receive written quotes with a clear breakdown of which costs apply to what aspects of the cake via the Order Confirmation and Invoice form.
• A deposit of £50 is required to confirm your order.
• Cake deposits are non-refundable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
• The final payment of the balance is due, at the latest, 30 days before your wedding reception date. Payment can be made earlier if you wish, but we require the balance closed 30 days prior to delivery.
• Failure to complete payment by 30 days prior to your wedding reception may result in your cake order being cancelled.
• Payment of deposits and balances must be taken through Marise Kaye. Please call 07973339021 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Any alterations you wish to make to your confirmed, ordered cake design must be requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make alterations to cakes requested within a month of delivery. If an alteration affects the cost, your balance will be adjusted accordingly. This cost alteration must be paid 14 days prior to your wedding reception date if the cost is over the original total. We will not be able to send you written confirmation of the changes. Any changes will be agreed via e-mail.
• Alterations to wedding favours and cutting-cake orders may not be possible within 2 weeks of your wedding reception date.
• We cannot refund the cost of any cakes cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice.
• All deposits are non-refundable. (This includes deposits for the cake, delivery and set-up and wedding favours).
• Cake stand deposits are refundable upon the return of the cake stand to the Altrincham studio to the bakers satisfaction.
• Bloomsbury Cakes’s wedding cakes can be delivered throughout Northwest England.
• Bloomsbury Cakes can deliver to the UK outside of Northwest England but the circumstances and requirements must be discussed with Marise Kaye and decisions as to whether this is appropriate will be made on a per-cake basis. Delivery charges for these locations will also be discussed on a per-cake basis.
• Bloomsbury Cakes does not charge a flat fee for delivery and assembly. All delivery charges are calculated on a distance and time basis and are quoted in the order confirmation. Bloomsbury Cakes delivery charges include delivery to the agreed location for the specified time (as per the order confirmation), liaison with the caterer or banqueting manager at your venue and assembly of the cake in-situ.
• Delivery charges are calculated as starting from the baker’s studios in Altrincham or Mere/Knutsford. The route taken is at the baker’s discretion.
• Delivery charges for journeys longer than six hours are to be discussed on a per-customer basis due the need for driver rest-breaks and possible overnight accommodation.
• Bloomsbury Cakes offers the option for customers to collect their cake free of charge from our Altrincham Studio. Not all cakes are suitable for collection so please ask for more detailed information.
• Bloomsbury Cakes accepts no liability for self-assembly cakes that are not assembled properly or are damaged during assembly or transportation.
• Please note – wedding cakes can be very heavy and large and the components may come in several boxes. They may not be suitable for transporting via public transport.
• Bloomsbury Cakes accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location.
• For cakes delivered to wedding venues, Bloomsbury Cakes will provide a photograph as proof to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition. Cakes picked up from the studio are checked by the bakery team and checked by the customer on collection. The customer consents that it has been collected in perfect condition by accepting the cake and removing it from the studio. Damages after this point are not Bloomsbury Cakes’s responsibility.
• All Bloomsbury Cakes’s wedding cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring.
• Please take care when displaying your cake at your wedding reception to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights or candles creating damage to the cake decorations. Hand-painted cakes are especially vulnerable to heat and light damage. All Bloomsbury Cakes’s cakes are designed to withstand normal and reasonable display conditions. Special requirements regarding display suitability will be discussed during the consultation process. Bloomsbury Cakes accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged during display at your wedding.
If you have any questions regarding any of our terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to call us and we would be delighted to help. E-mail email@example.com or telephone 07973339021.